Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bieber Fever

Purse Gurl has been back visiting us for the last couple weeks, what a pleasure it's been! We reminisce about family, cook together, and sit and talk, talk, talk. Everything about spending time with Purse Gurl has been great....except for one thing...and that one thing might get her kicked out of my house.

Justin Bieber.

See, I'm lucky enough to have young kids right now. I don't have to put up with Hannah Montana, or Keesha, or whoever else it is "cool" right now. I don't even know who's cool because my kids are too young to care.

Then in walks 20 yr. old Purse Gurl who listens to Justin Bieber. And lately, she and Yahoo's girl time has included watching Justin Bieber videos on YouTube.....over and over again. Yahoo was even singing along yesterday and dancing up a storm!

I can't hardly stand it! Bieber needs a haircut. He looks like he's 12. His songs make him out to be a mini Cassanova with all these girls swooning over him? I just don't get it. And I'm getting tired of hearing, "One Less Lonely Girl". Really? That qualifies as good music now? (Sheesh, I sound like my father!)

Give me Toby Keith anyday....now that's someone to swoon over.

But I love Purse Gurl and so does Yahoo and they are enjoying their Beiber time together so I'll let it go.....for a little longer. I might have to buy some industrial strength earplugs.

Now I know how my dad must have felt when I had a thing for Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing. Wow, was that 20 years ago? Well at least I'm comforted that Bieber probably won't be popular forever!

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! The first time I saw Bieber on tv (at some awards show) I asked my husband "Does his mom know he's out this late? It looks like he needs someone to change his diaper!!"

    I just don't get a lot of new popular music either. Maybe I'm just getting old...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails