Friday, October 1, 2010

Foody Friday - Harvest Meals



The last few weeks I've been cooking and baking much more than usual. (My brain is so tired from being in the kitchen most days I can't put two coherent thoughts together.) With harvest in full swing there are lots of late nights for the folks working at the grain elevators. It's not uncommon for Purse Gurl to leave the house at 7 and not come home until 9 at night and DR works even longer hours! Considering we are located in the middle of nowhere, it's hard for employees to eat regularly or even find the time to go grocery shopping. So for the last few weeks I've been trying to take in some dinner to everyone working at the elevator a few times a week. 

I thought I'd share a few recipe links and photos of what I've been up to. Chicken Pot Pie, Calzones, Chili, Black Bean Tortilla Bake, Meatballs and Baked Pasta.



I'm exhausted! But it doesn't look as though harvest is going to be over anytime soon. I've found a few new recipes I want to try out and take to the elevator but I could always use some more ideas. Do you have any tried and true recipes for me? I'm looking for something that is quick to prepare, easy to transport and that can feed a crowd.


2 comments:

  1. We eat lots of pulled pork bbq sandwiches during harvest! I buy a 10lb. picnic or butt pork roast stick it in the crock pot for several hours (if you want the actual recipe I can email it) then pull it out - shred it - stick it back in the crock pot to keep it warm and they can make sandwich's when they are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish I had that much motivation!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails