Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Devotions - 1 Minute A Day

My husband has a great little devotional book called1 Minute a Day.  I thought I'd share a devotional from this little book with you today.

One Minute a Day

Generous Living

Over the years, I have discovered a trait held in common by the happiest and most successful people I have met. And that trait is generosity. Generous people give away their time, their advice, their money, their books - they'll give away almost anything. Generous people have concluded that nothing is more valuable than helping another person succeed.

And I'll tell you something else that generous people seem to possess - they posess faith in and gratitude toward God. The deeper our understanding of God's generosity, the more compelled we are to be as generous as He is. And that means giving whenever we can, looking to the interests of others rather than to our own interests.

What can you give to someone today? That person will be blessed by your generosity - as will you.

Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled wiht plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
Proverbs 3:9-10





2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails