Saturday, October 1, 2011

John Deere, Pounding and Amish Kids

My sister in law Melinda Sue has started her own blog and I am so happy she has because she has posted photos of my brother and family that I'd never get to see otherwise.

This week she posted about an annual Plow Day event in their community. (You can read all about it on her blog here. Check it out there are some cute photos.) I've never gotten to go but I've heard all about it and now I finally got to see photos.

My favorite pics were those of my brother, John Deere, blacksmithing (pounding as we call it) for the Amish kids. I was playing around last night editing some pics of him I thought I'd share.

(the original)

what a flame!

a little HDR

heat!

a bit of the 60's




(the original)

more 60's

lighter, brighter and more contrast with just a touch of cross process

sepia, my favorite

a bit more saturation.

Miss you John Deere but thanks for the pics Melinda Sue!


1 comment:

  1. These are great! I love the yellow one and the Sepia--I wondered why so many people were talking to me about my blog this weekend. Thanks for the PR.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails