Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christmas is coming!

I know, I know....it's not even Halloween yet!! 


But I've had to get a big chunk of our Christmas shopping done early because we'll be going home to Indiana over Thanksgiving. At the same time we'll celebrate Christmas with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. 


This year I think I've done ALL my Christmas shopping, so far, online.   Now I can't imagine Christmas shopping without the Internet. Three kids and a shopping mall? That's the Nightmare before Christmas. 


Since I've gotten lots of shopping already done, and hopefully you all aren't as crazy as I am and still have some shopping to do I thought I'd share my favorite kid gift finds. 


MAKEDO

FreePlay KIT for ONE (65pcs)
I am SOOO excited to get this Christmas morning....eeerrr, I mean watch my kids receive this Christmas morning. MAKEDO is a set of hinges and connectors that you can use to make practically anything from scraps laying around; cardboard, egg cartons, fabric...you name it I bet it can be made with these. 


MAGNATAB



These writing tools have a magnetic pen and a ball in each letter/number so that moves when you trace the pen over it. 


HEXBUG

BravoGlow in the Dark HEXBUG NanoHEXBUG Spider: Blue
These robotic bugs are great because they look and act high tech but for a low price. The smallest Nano Bugs (in the middle) go for about $6 while the remote control bugs go for about $20. There are lots more models on their website too. 


Maxim 4 Sided Playhouse


Maxim 4 Sided Playhouse w/ Figure
This playhouse has no hardware. The whole thing slides together and is open on four sides. It slides apart easily for easy storage....or easy moving. Yahoo has been playing with a house similar to this for ages at our playgroup. What I like the best is more than one child can play at the same time without getting in one another's way....too much. 


I'd love to share some gifts that I've found for adults...but...considering most of the adults I bought gifts for read this blog...sorry, you'll have to wait until Thanksgiving! 

Where will you be doing most of your shopping this year? Online or at the mall? 


4 comments:

  1. Making most of my gifts this year, and since Christmas is at Thanksgiving for us--I am kind of in a panic! Crafting is supposed to be fun--I keep reminding myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Anymore good ideas? Nothing too exciting that is new in the toy department this year I feel like and I don't want to start the video game thing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the Hexbugs. Watch that their antenna do not get tangled! I tell you what. The girls LOVED their L-Max games from Leapster. There are some great educational games in there, like Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in the form of letters that you have to trace, and math games. They saved our sanity on many long car rides!

    I have a bit of shopping done, and I DO like to go on-line because I truly DO NOT like to shop. NOT a crowd person!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great gift ideas. I will be doing most of my shopping online too. Have a great weekend.

    Kasse

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails