Friday, October 7, 2011

Foody Friday - Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce

We've been in harvest mode for the last couple of weeks and considering the guys at the elevator have been working late into the evenings, without a fast food restaurant in sight, I've been taking them dinner a couple nights a week. I made BBQ Meatballs from Sarah's recipe over at This Farm Family's Life. Awesome!!! And so easy to make for a crowd of hungry men.

I also made up Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce that I took to the guys this week. I actually found the recipe in a free cookbook I downloaded to my Kindle a while back; Taste of Romania: Its Cookery and Glimpses of Its History, Folklore, Art, Literature and Poetry. It's not free anymore but it has some great recipes! This chicken dish must have been great, I didn't eat any of it, because DR keeps raving about how good it's been!

Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce

3 T butter
3lbs. chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces
(I diced up a bunch of chicken breasts instead)
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch of scallions, cleaned and chopped (green onions work too)
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 T fresh dill sprigs, chopped (I used a T of dill seeds)
4 T sour cream
1 T flour
1 t. lemon juice (I was out and it was still great)
2 potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into small pieces
2 T fresh parsley, chopped (dried worked fine)


In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter and brown chicken on medium-high heat. When nicely browned, sprinle with salt and pepper, cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).

In a separate skillet, melt the rest of the butter, and lightly saute scallions, garlic and dill on low heat.

In a small bowl, mix sour cream and four well, and add lemon juice.

When chicken is cooked, add sauteed ingredients, potatoes, and sour cream mixture, then stir well. Let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with light salad. Serves 4.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a winner, especially if there were no leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails