Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Harvest


The sight of all this yellow gold is a wonderful to see in the fall.

Harvest is a hoppin' despite a devastating drought there's still quite a bit of corn coming into the DR's elevators. Of course yields have been low but not quite as bad as expected. The biggest problem so far this harvest has been moisture. Despite the drought the corn coming in is WET. I couldn't understand why until DR explained that because of the lack of rain the corn plants starting cannibalizing themselves back in the summer so that every little bit of moisture went straight to the corn. While the stalks dried out early the corn still hasn't and therefore all the elevators are drying corn continually and running out of wet space.

So harvest is going as well as can be expected. DR's exhausted. He leaves for work at 6:30 and gets home at 10:30. He's worked two weeks straight without a day off. Poor guy. Harvest is always something to look forward to but I'm always glad when it's over and this one looks like it will be over, at least the heavy rush, in a few more weeks.

There hasn't been much milo coming in yet. It might be harvested later and I don't think there was as much planted this year as there was last either. I don't know what it is about milo but I think it is beautiful to look at in the field.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor hubby! Well, I commend him for his hard work doing something good. I commend YOU for being a good sport about the long hours and doing good crafting with your kids! Also, keep blogging. It's restorative for your soul and fun for readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Last night I heard the lovely "I wish Daddy was here" mantra after Kendal and I had a disagreement. And so it starts! Being a farm widow sure can be trying some days and nights! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author. I will remember to. 한국야동닷컴

    Click this link
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. repeat post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. 국산야동

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog. 중국야동넷

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails