Friday, October 28, 2011

Foody Friday - Witch Fingers!



Halloween is almost upon us! Need a spooky snack? 
How about Witch Fingers? They look yummy don't they?

I love avocados, but the original recipe called for some ingredients that would be hard for me to come by; goat cheese and prosciutto. But I made a few substitutions with stuff I had on hand and these were still a great little snack! 


Slice avocado into four pieces and remove pit. Gently toss in lemon juice. I skipped the lemon juice because I didn't have any. The lemon juice is probably just to prevent browning anyway. 


Instead of goat cheese I added a dollop of cream cheese to each hole. 


Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder. 


Instead of prosciutto (which I'm not sure what it is or if I could even find in this part of the world) I wrapped slices of ham lunch meat around the avocado to make eerie witch fingers! They are sooooo yummy! And best of all, Yahoo and I are the only avocado eaters in the family so this makes a perfect lunch for us while the boys are at school. 

Halloween is only 3 days away. What other spooky snacks have you been making?


3 comments:

  1. Love ya daughter, but those things sound disgusting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the little wrapped winers as mummies? They are on pinterest- so cute. This is cute too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noo! I haven't seen the mummies, I'll look for them cuz my kids would LOVE em!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails