Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cannonballs...yum! (AKA - Date Balls with Nuts!)


For our pirate party over the weekend I made these about a week ahead of time. Then I had to make a second batch because I ate the first batch! These are addicting!

Pirate Cannonballs! (Makes 8-10 balls)
1 cup of pitted and chopped dates
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of chopped peanuts (or any nut you prefer)
honey
           


I ended up buying diced and sugared dates by accident. I would have preferred to use whole pitted dates but these ended up working just fine.


Throw your dates into a food processor with the water to form a paste.
Add your cinnamon and 1 cup of nuts.


Combine well. It helps at this point to chill the date paste in a freezer for a couple of hours. Being cold, the paste won't stick to your hands as easily when you shape them into balls.


When the paste is cold enough place some honey in a small dish and the rest of the chopped nuts in another small dish.


Roll the paste into a small ball, dip into the honey and then roll in the remaining nuts. I placed them in little paper nut cups. Then put them back into the freezer until you are ready to serve!


I left some of the Cannonballs without nuts to be more authentic for the little pirates!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails