Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 17 - Fire

This week's photo theme was Fire. Yes! A great excuse to roast marshmallows! Though, do you really need an excuse? 

1/60sec, f6.3, ISO 200

1/60 sec., f6.3, ISO 200

1/60 sec, f7.1, ISO 200

I'm not quite sure what the ghosty white curve is in the upper part of the photo above but I thought it was a pretty cool effect. I purposely left my exposure time slow to get a blurry fire. 

Before I even started shooting the fire I noticed that most of my photos so far in this 52 week project have been shot zoomed in on the subject. Very rarely do I find myself shooting a wide angle of a scene. I TRIED this time to shoot far away but I just kept getting drawn in. (Still, overall I'm really happy with these photos.) With the remainder of this project I'm going to TRY to be more aware of shooting both close up and far away, we'll see how it goes. 

Next week - Ice!

Ha, maybe I'll have to break out my Paintsicles :) 

2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures! We roasted marshmallows a few weeks ago and I tried Peeps. Delicious!! It has been too windy ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Usually it is too windy to have a fire here but we had a lucky day. Peeps! I'll have to see if I can find any leftover from Easter, those would be fun :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails