Friday, April 13, 2012

Foody Friday - Pizza Braid

What kid doesn't like pizza? We LOVE making pizza...the only problem is my kids and I don't agree on toppings. I found a fun way on Pinterest for kids to make their own pizza but also make it portable, more like a calzone. 


First roll out your preferred pizza dough and pile it with toppings right down the middle. Me: sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. 
My boys: sauce, pepperoni, cheese 




Then use a pizza cutter to slice the dough on each side of the toppings. Tuck in the ends and then criss cross the dough ribbons across the toppings. 


Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. 


Cool, slice, dip in the leftover pizza sauce and chow down. 

Like I said, there isn't anything special about making a pizza braid other than it just LOOKS different and if funny pizza helped get my boys excited about making dinner (they actually WANTED to help) I'll gladly do it again. It wasn't that hard and I was surprised the braid stayed together, I kind of expected it to fall apart once it came out of the oven. The best part was I sliced it with a knife and my three year old could eat and I didn't have to worry about the toppings falling off! 

2 comments:

  1. I think I will try this and you know I would rather just get a frozen one out of the freezer or go to pizza hut!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails