Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Devotions - Happy Father's Day!


Though we may not shower him with praise
Nor mention his name in song,
Though sometimes it seems that we forget
The joy he spreads as he goes along,
It doesn't mean that we don't know
The wonderful role that he has had.
And away down deep in every heart
There's a place that is just for Dad.....


– Anonymous


It was DR's idea last week to go see the movie Kung Fu Panda.



He insisted that we hurry and make it to the 3D showing of the film rather than the normal 2D version. I didn't really see what the big deal was. I'd never seen a film in 3D and I was sure it really didn't make a big difference which one we saw. DR, rather than trying to talk me into going to the 3D show, just said, "Trust me...you'll see how cool it is." DR was so excited and insistent I made sure we made it in time for the 3D Kung Fu Panda.

Don't my guys look good in those glasses? Doesn't Clifford look cute in DR's lap too?
Yahoo insisted on bringing the toy but then didn't want to hold it!

Once we put on those cool glasses and the movie started I could see the attraction and excitement of watching a 3D movie!! A few times I even jumped in my seat because of how real the movie seemed. I felt that all the objects on screen were coming right at me! Dads are pretty smart aren't they? Great things can be revealed by dads because they don't want to just tell you about something but they want to show it to you. There was no way DR could explain to us how cool a 3D movie would be; he could only reveal it to us by getting us to the theater and showing us.

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.



Luke 10:20-22

I think the great dads of the world must have learned their greatness from our Heavenly Father! He sees us all as his children and isn't here just lecturing and talking (like us moms sometimes can) but he reveals wonderful things to us in his own time and in his own quiet ways....like a dad taking his kids (and skeptical wife) to a 3D movie. Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there...especially my kids' dad, DR! Love ya honey.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for the gift of our Earthly fathers. Although they sometimes take a backseat to mothers and aren't often given the praise they deserve, fathers play a vital role in the family and lives of their children. Fathers are special, unique and irreplaceable. Thank You for DAD! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails