Friday, June 3, 2011

Foody Friday - Crock Pot Veggie Broth

I seem to use a lot of broth (or at least wanting to) but then never finding any in my cabinets. I'm not organized enough to plan meals and actually have all the ingredients I need for the week on hand. People who can do that amaze...I bow at their feet.

But, I do keep an old coffee can in my freezer for spare veggie parts; celery leaves and stalks, onion and potato skins, mushroom stems. Then when my coffee can is full I toss all those veggie scraps in the crockpot with water and some thyme and basil. I turn it on low at bedtime....


...and by morning I have a pot full of broth that just needs to be strained through a cloth.



The veggie scraps get tossed in the compost bin and all I have to do now is decide how to use my beautiful brown broth today.



What is your favorite recipe that calls for some sort of broth or stock?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails