Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Playin' with the Big Boys

We live right across the street from the high school in our town.
The past couple weeks, at 6:45 a.m., this was the scene before me.


The high school football players were busy with summer conditioning drills; lifting weights, running sprints and pushing sleds.

And my boy Yip, in his pajamas, watching every minute of it just wishing he could be out there too.

"Pick me coach, pick me!"

 Coach has already told Yip that he can get out there and run with the big kids....but my boy is still working up his courage. He's kind of shy around the big boys. Oh! If only one of those teenagers would just give him a bit of encouragement!

In the meantime I'm enjoying peering out the window at them and taking pictures of them all at 6:45 a.m. Peering out the window and not stepping outside because at 6:45 a.m. I'm still in my pajamas too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! I just LOVE this post. It brought a tear to my eye! I hope there is one of "those" teenagers out there who will extend an invitation. He would be a hero for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Bless his little heart. Love the black and white with color photos!

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see him interested in football. Pair it up with track and you've got an all around athlete. Who knows maybe he'll head to PU some day as a linebacker or tight end.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails