Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Giraffe


We went to the zoo yesterday and had a just fabulous time.
There were the normal attractions; elephants, bison, snakes, etc
but the best attraction was the young giraffe.


Boy was this little guy friendly.


And hungry...or maybe he was just curious. But he was up on that fence LOVIN' the attention from all these little kids. HA! A blue tongue...cool!


And boy was Yahoo enjoying this giraffe too!




Yap got a bit to close and got a bunch of giraffe slobber as a souveneir.



Yahoo REALLY wanted to pet this giraffe and she wasn't about to let something as little as a fence stop her!!


Thanks Mr. Giraffe! You were, by far, the most popular attraction at the zoo yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! The giraffe is my favorite animal at the zoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome how up close you can get to the giraffes. Looks like your kids are enjoying their summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't their tongue just hu-monsterous????? So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE giraffes. They are by far the coolest animals ever (with penguins coming in a close 2nd). When we were at the Jacksonville, FL zoo in March I was actually able to feed a giraffe which pretty much made my weekend... so I can sympathize with not wanting to let anything like fence get in the way of petting a giraffe!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails