Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A plant? dirt? hhmmm, not sure what i'd call this....

Another pastel drawing I did this week.


If I had to matte and frame it, I'd probably crop it like this...


The artist Wassily Kandinsky wrote;
The artist must be blind to distinctions between "recongnized" or "unrecognized" conventions of form, deaf to the transitory teaching and demands of his particular age. He must watch only the trend of the inner need, and harken to its words alone.

Even though I've never been a fan of Kandinsky, I agree with what he wrote. Lately I've been drawing a lot and I draw what I feel and I follow a need to draw. They are abstract and I couldn't even definitively describe the subjects for some of these drawings and that's okay. I don't need to clarify it because creating these drawings makes me happy and that's all that matters.

However, I do like your opinions because it causes me to think why and what next. So feel free to add your comment, good or bad, I like em' all!


2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of The Little Engine Who Could! I see this seed successfully rising above all the mess below. Maybe I am hoping this is me rising above all the clutter I need to start dealing with around here. I've got about nine years of it to go through! ACK! p.s. I like your work!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails