Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Your Blogger Pen Pal; Miss Congeniality

Blogging is a lot like having a pen pal.
You spent weeks, months or years reading what a total stranger writes about their life. And in that time you form in your mind some sort of personality of what that person is like.

When I was in 4th grade I had a pen pal from an elementary school in the next county. We spent months writing back and forth and in the spring we finally met. Mine pen pal was a snob. I didn't like her, she didn't like me. We didn't play together. Of course in fourth grade we probably didn't have the communication skills to convey our personalities to one another. 

Blogging is kind of the same as having a pen pal. Even though I'm older and can express myself better, readers of my blog might not have a good idea of what I'm really like in person. I'll give you a visual.

Have you ever seen the movie Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock? (click on the link for the trailer) She's an FBI agent, a very tomboyish one, who has to go undercover at the Miss America Beauty Pageant.
If you've seen that movie then you've seen me.

Well, not the hot, sexy Sandra Bullock. That's not me. Maybe if I had a crew of makeup and hair people living with me then...maybe that could be me. Of course I'd probably chase em' out of my house. Who has the time to get themselves to look like that every morning?

I'm the frumpy, sarcastic, snorting, beer drinking Sandra Bullock. Yep, I snort when I laugh. I snort a lot. I'll probably be the gun toting Sandra Bullock later in life. Right now, my diaper bag is too full for a pistol.

DR and I were watching this movie, he'd never seen it before, and five minutes into it he turns to me and says, "Did someone film you without your knowing it for this movie? That's you!"

I laughed, well snorted, cuz I'd heard this before. When I was first married and substitute teaching in Kentucky I had middle school kids calling me Sandra and trying to get me to quote lines from Miss Congeniality.

You probably could have gone without the knowledge that I'm a snorting, sarcastic Prairie Mother.  Hey, if you are going to read this blog well, we just better be honest with each other.

And I really do want World Peace...and harsher punishments for parole violaters.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! Sandra is my husband's favorite gal, so we have seen that show many times! Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails