Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments. When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.
I still receive a monthly newsletter from a Southern Indiana church DR and I attended four years ago. This list of Truisms was included this month and I thought it a lovely thing to share with you.
Someone has written these beautiful words. One must ead and try to understand the deep meanings in them. they are like the Ten Commandments to follow in life all the time.
1. Prayers is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble; it is a "steering wheel" that directs us in the right path througout life.
2. Do you know why a car's WINDSHILD is so large and th rear view mirror is so small? Because our
PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4. All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don't worry, they can't last long either.
5. Old friends ar like Gold! New friends are like Diamonds! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a base of Gold!
6. often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above ans says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end"!
7. When GODS solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony; "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied; "Yes, losing your vision."
9;. When you pray for others, God lstens to you and blesses them; and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10. Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles; it takes away today's speace.
Dear God, Thank You for these "rules" in life that bring us peace. Thanks for revealing Truth and Grace to us through Jesus. Amen.