Saturday, November 6, 2010

My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad table.

Memba' how I told you DR was making me a new dining room table? Well today I'm going to show you my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad table.

Here's my current dining room table in a teeny little dining room; 8 ft x 10 ft.

I found this table a few years ago and thought it would be so cozy and practical. But it's not. It's hard to move, the benches are awkward to share and I hate that the only place to put it covers up windows. The bench seats lift up and I assumed it would be a wonderful place to store things but as you can see I don't have anything under the seats.

Why not? Because crumbs drift down in there all the time.
See how dirty it is?
(If my grandmother knew I was sharing my dirt with the entire blogging community she would be rolling over in her grave....seriously!)



It's kind of hard to see here but the table is covered in paint spots from craft projects and dents and dings. It doesn't help that the table is white either...every little stain show up.


But I have to say the worst thing about having this kitchen nook bench table thing is that during mealtimes Yahoo takes it upon herself to march around the benches and help herself to her brother's food! I'm constantly breaking up fights when we eat. (Don't suggest a high chair, she vetoed that LONG ago.) I wouldn't recommend this dining nook to anyone....maybe I'll just send it to Australia!

My new table is on its way...very soon it will make its debut. Yahoo and I have been sanding and staining and I'm really excited about how it's coming along! I'm looking forward to sharing it with you soon.


4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the new table in the room. How are you gonna fix the covering the windows dilemma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll have to worry about the table being stuffed into a corner and the stools will slide under the table and save space. I'm so excited. We'll probably get the new table in the house today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was interested in this post because as we contemplate our future dream kitchen, a dining nook is in order. My DH loves booths (which I hate), so something like what you have now was under consideration. You've given me more to think about. I'm looking forward to seeing your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to redo my living room, and the other rooms will soon follow. Including my dining room. So I'm really looking forward to seeing your new table.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails