Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 8 - Fall

The thing I've enjoyed most about this 52 week project is how surprising my subjects are although I have the themes listed for an the entire year. 

For example, I intended to take my boys to the basketball court with my tripod and work on some slow shutter speeds with basketballs falling from the air. I thought it would be a neat subject to play with. However the weather didn't cooperate, or did it? Instead of some warm weather we have had very windy cold days and one day with some unexpected, but very welcome, snow!

f 7.1, 1/125 sec., ISO 800
 With the snow "fall"ing I had my subject for the week. But it was a lot harder to photograph snow than I thought it would be...and my hands were getting cold. I did find some drips "fall"ing from the downspout though. 
f 7.1, 1/125 sec., ISO 800
I had no reason to shoot in black and white other than I thought it may highlight the snowflakes better. 
But, I made the mistake of shooting snow without thinking of my light meter and everything turned out just too gray. 

f 11, 1/200 sec., ISO 800
So I did do some editing on these; increased contrast and played with curves. 


This was the before image. 

Next week, Week 9's theme is LOUD!

3 comments:

  1. You should have been here Tuesday. We had huge snow flakes falling on bus route. It was worse than driving in fog. You couldn't see the edge of the road. By the time bus route was over the snow was over too or I would have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have startd this when you did, not that mine would have been as good, but it would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails