Friday, February 10, 2012

Foody Friday - Apple and Cottage Cheese Bake

I found Apple and Cottage Cheese Bake on Spark Recipes the other day. 
It's a very simple recipe that would be perfect for a weekend breakfast or mix it up the night before and pop it in first thing in the morning and allow it to bake while you shower and dress. 


Apple and Cottage Cheese Bake

1-2 chopped apples
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup regular oats
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mixed eggs with cottage cheese, oatmeal, eggs and apples. Put mixture in a small pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. Drizzle with honey and serve warm if desired. 



This is a very filling dish and could easily feed two people for breakfast or three kids if you are able to convince them to try such a concoction! I wasn't so lucky. My kids wouldn't touch it, of course. But I sure enjoyed it! 

Yeah, I'll definitely be eating this one again! 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I don't even like cottage cheese much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got mine in the oven now - I added a chopped canned peach in as well as it was going spare - waste not, want not. Looks good - can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DELICIOUS!! Forgot to say, I also added a few flaked almonds into the mix. Can't wait to try this with other fruits. Rhubarb would be good, or blackberries. Endless possibilities. Makes quite a large amount. I think this would be good to take to work on days that I know people will be bringing in cakes / biscuits that will tempt me, or when I know I'll be needing some comfort food. Thanks so much.

      Delete
    2. I actually hadn't made this for a long time and had forgotten about it when I found your comment. Now I'm having some for dinner. I added a bunch of dried fruit to mine. Smells great, thanks to you too!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails