Monday, February 20, 2012

Marker Monday - String Painting with Toddlers


I love painting with my kids but I had to take a big break from it with Yahoo for the past six months or so because every time I let her paint more paint always ended up on her than on whatever it was we were painting. 
Or she'd just eat it. 


But she's getting more grown up and listening better (sometimes) so we've been tackling more painting projects lately. She really loved painting with string. First she covered her string in slightly watered down paint. 


Then I gave her a piece of paper creased in half and helped her place the strings on just one side. Let a little of string's end hang off the edge. 


Fold the paper in half and rub the back thoroughly and next, slowly pull out the strings....


...and unfold! 

She loved it! I think she loved the fact that the final painting was such a surprise. 

Thanks to Preschool Powol Packets for the great idea.  


2 comments:

  1. You have a budding artist for a daughter. Is she as independant in her art as you were?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not as independent as she used to be. A few months ago the paint went on her instead of paper but she will ALWAYS be independent about EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails