Monday, February 13, 2012

Marker Monday - Painting on Snow.



I haven't done this activity in a long, long time. Not since we lived in Illinois in fact. But last week we had an unexpected inch or so of snow. Yahoo so badly wanted to go out and play in it, so did I, but the wind was just too fierce. So I brought the snow into her and packed some into pie tins and added some colored water and let her go to town.







Painting seems so simple that you'd think little kids would get bored by it. But for this age it isn't so much the end result that is important but the tactile and kinesthetic process of just painting with various tools on various mediums. Painting on snow sure isn't like painting on paper! What's the most unique surface you or your kids have ever painted on?

2 comments:

  1. I'll say it again. You are such a great mom to turn your kids loose with paint and other art mediums. I try not to freak out and worry about mess. I need to let go more often. I know my youngest would paint the entire house if I let her though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we have had enough snow this winter to do much with. I'm glad they got the chance to paint snow.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails