Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Devotions - Strength in Sickness


Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. - Isaiah 40:28-31


Last weekend I missed posting my usual Sunday devotions because the week prior my family was battling a nasty stomach bug. While this particular sickness knocked me down for a couple days, my kids bounced back much quicker. I wish I had a child's energy! 

As I think of my older friends and relatives, who are fighting illness and diseases like cancer, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's,  I realize that sickness is a part of getting older. No matter how healthy of a life I lead this body won't last forever. Sometimes the thought of growing older and the possibility of serious illnesses can be disheartening. But God never gets sick; God never grows weak.

Being sick is no fun and battling a serious illness can be devastating to our spirit. But we don't have to fight alone. If we put our faith and hope in the Lord our strength will be renewed! Even if our sickness takes our physical bodies, our faith in God will provide us spiritual strength forever! 

Dear Heavenly Father, Our physical bodies are fighting battles, some more serious than others. Lord help us heal our spirits first and foremost and then help us heal our bodies. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been so sick for so long now. I was googling encouragement for sick women and came across your blog. Thank you for the reminder that the Lord can strengthen me and that He is never sick and never weak. I love the Lord, but I am growing weary. It's getting difficult to stay positive. Every time I get better, I get sick again. I have a 17 month old daughter and I SO want to play with her every day. We have such fun on the days I feel good and she is so sad on the days that all I can do is lay on the couch. She doesn't understand. I don't either. But I'm trying to keep my faith and remember that the Lord is in control and that I am in His hands and I do desperately want His will above all else... I'm just tired. I NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED and I'M DESPERATE TO BE TOUCHED BY HIS HEALING HANDS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am so happy that you found some encouraging words. Even though I don't know your name or where you are I WILL PRAY FOR YOU for healing. Remember, God is Good!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails