Friday, February 17, 2012

Foody Friday - Butter Chicken


You know that feeling you get when you sit down to dinner with your family and NO ONE complains about what's for dinner? It's an even better feeling when you know your kids aren't cheering over hot dogs and potato chips but real honest to goodness food! 

Yeah, I rarely ever have that feeling of euphoria either...
...BUT....
I found a recipe ALL my kids like! REALLY!

Butter Chicken from the cookbook Chicken Recipes to Die For.
When I made this up for dinner the other day I didn't even bother to take a photo of it before we sat down to eat because I fully expected my kids to all veto it. 


So that's why you see shots in the leftover containers. 
This chicken is so creamy and buttery that our leftovers sure didn't last long. 

Butter Chicken - The Easiest and Tastiest Recipe Ever

2 or 3 T butter
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. turmeric
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. chili powder (or less if you don't like it too hot.)
uncooked chicken, cubed (I used 3 chicken breasts)
jar of tomato paste
3/4 cup cream

Mix all of the spices together, then add to the chicken and set aside. Melt the butter and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the spiced chicken and continue to fry until chicken is cooked through. Add the tomato paste and cream and simmer gently for 5 more minutes. How easy is that? 




2 comments:

  1. I love Indian food but I've never tried making Butter Chicken. I'm thinking I found tomorrow night's dinner. :)

    Question: how big is a jar of tomato paste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my jar of tomato paste is 6 oz. hope yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails