Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New and Improved Etsy Shop

Well, I did it. 

I took the plunge...again...and re-opened my Etsy shop!


Before Yahoo was born and we moved to Kansas I was much more active making and selling baby booties in my shop. But after we moved out west and the boys started school and everyone seemed to get so busy, I just couldn't get my heart into making baby booties anymore. In fact it hasn't been until just the past year that I finally started creating anything again. 

I never even thought of selling my paintings, I just painted because I enjoyed it, but Kasse at Rural Women Rock suggested that I try it...so, here goes! 



So far I only have four paintings to put in my Etsy shop. 


They probably look familiar to you; I've posted them here before. 


I don't mind selling my paintings but I have a hard time setting a price for them. They range in size form 6 1/2 to 8 inches square.


What do you think would be a fair price? 

We'll see how it goes. I'm not much of a self promoter. I feel self conscious telling people that I have art work to sell. I'm not even sure how to go about advertising...well, besides a blog. 

Ah well. I just enjoy making them and for me, that's all that matters. 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! I have no idea. I'd be the same as you--not knowing how to price them. They're your creations, so they're priceless but a price has to be set. :)

    Maybe you could do a rate according to how long it took you to paint it. Like so much per hour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy, it seems that it has to be worth your time...to be WORTH your time...you know?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails