Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Marker Monday - Table Catapult

Yeah, I know..it's Tuesday, not Monday. And I know it's been a while since I posted but last week I was down for the count with a stomach bug and I'm finally catching up on LOTS of stuff. 


The kiddos and I did feel well enough Sunday afternoon to make a fun little catapult. Easily put together in less than 10 minutes and something to keep the sick ones a little busy while lying on the couch. (Mostly me being the sick one lying on the couch.) 



And really what little boy doesn't like playing with a catapult? 
I found the instructions here, along with a lot of other really cool pirate crafts





You need a bunch of craft sticks, glue (we used hot glue), and two clothespins, a rubber band and a plastic spoon...well, fork in our case. 


First, make a raft with the craft sticks. 



Then glue two clothespins together like this. 


Then glue the clothespins onto the raft. 


Wrap a rubber band tightly around the top prong of the clothespin and slide the plastic spoon, or fork, in the rubber band. 



Then use cotton balls for cannonballs or make some out of toilet paper or gauze. 


We found that if we moved the catapult to the edge of the table it shot the balls a lot better. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks fun! Good mom for giving them a project to do when you're sick! I usually just give my kids a movie and go to bed! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails