Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Devotions - Seek Ye First.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33


When I wake up in the morning I have every intention of putting God first in all things. But sometimes my prayers aren't all they should be and there are many days I don't get any Bible reading done the way I had planned. Through the hustle and bustle of my day my thoughts tend to drift away from the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and too easily I get swept up in anger, frustration and selfishness. I feel like a child that continually needs to be reminded of my misbehavior. 


Like the Good Father he is, God continues to remind me of my wrongs. But he never gives up on me. He always gives me another chance to do better...to follow his teachings and truths. 


Lord, I want you to be my first priority. It's best for me and for those around me. I confess, though, I don't always put you first. Please forgive me. Help to reorder my life to put you first. Always. Amen.                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. I have all those same feelings. Thank you Heather.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails