Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photo Thursday - 365 Self Portraits

I've said before that I don't make New Year's resolutions....well at the last minute, I did this year. I've decided to take a self portrait every day for a year. We'll see if I can do it for a whopping 365 days!



If you are a mom, you have probably seen yourself disappear out of photos only to be substituted by your kids. I was flipping through photo albums recently only to find very few shots of me. Not that I'm vain or anything but I kind of want my grandkids and great-grandkids to know what I looked like before they were born. Therefore my resolution of 365 self portraits. I even joined a group on Flickr, 365 Days. Hopefully being part of a group will keep me at it.


January 1st.
Here's the first, nothing fancy, just something to get started. I've found I'm pretty self consious about getting my picture taken and it's no different when I'm doing it myself. This one was like ripping a band-aid off a wound....just do it already!

 
January 12th
I've learned to take photos at the spur of the moment. I was walking through the kitchen thinking..."ggrr, I have to take my picture today!", when I saw the light coming through the blinds...perfect.
January 5th.

Taking pictures of only myself can get really old so sometimes Yahoo jumps in with me. I've also learned when taking pictures of myself it can be difficult to control the camera when I'm not looking through the lens. This one was edited a lot to fix things but it turned out well.


January 13th
It took a couple weeks but, finally, I succumbed to some silliness. A lot of my photos were of me with a serious face. This one was right after I got home from the dentist with a numb and drooling mouth. Cute isn't it?

January 15
I take shots of myself even when I'm not in the mood! Self portraits have been hard! It's hard to control when I'm not behind the camera, my self timer is only 2 sec. which doesn't give me much time to get in front of the lens and it's a hard mental thing to get over taking pictures of yourself.

But it's getting easier. And finally it's getting more fun! Hopefully I'll get better at it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails