Friday, January 14, 2011

Foody Friday - Mini Pies

There isn't anything fancy about today's food post other than offering up an alternative for pies. The boys asked for pumpkin pies the other day and since they tend to eat anything better when they don't have to use a fork I made mini pumpkin pies using muffin tins. They are also easier to pack in their lunch boxes this way.



I just cut the pie crust into large circles using a large plastic cup and tucked them in and added the filling. I did bake them about 15 minutes less for than what the recipe called for if I had been making a full size pie.

Here's the recipe I used;

Pumpkin Pie Filling

4 eggs
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
3 T flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 t. salt
2-15 oz. canned pumpkin
1 c milk

Beat eggs, sugars, flour spices and salt. Add pumpkin and milk. Pour into 2 pie shells and bake at 350 for about an hour until pie puffs up in center. For mini pies in muffin tins bake for 45 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE those! I love my pumpkin pie, and this way I wouldn't have to share! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I did that for cheesecake when I hosted a jewelry party. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails