Friday, January 28, 2011

Foody Friday - Creamy Potato and Celery Soup


I love this soup; it's like a bowl full of creamy mashed potatoes. Plus you can sneak in some vegetables to your kids with this soup without them being any the wiser.


Creamy Potato and Celery Soup


1/2 stick butter

1/2 onion diced

1 t. minced garlic

1 bunch of celery, diced

5 potatoes, peeled and diced

broth (chicken or beef or vegetable)

salt

pepper

nutmeg


Melt the butter in the bottom of a soup pot. Add garlic, onion and celery until translucent, about 5 minutes or so. Add potatoes and cover with broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about an hour until vegetables are tender. Using a food processer or blender puree all of the soup. Return to pot over low heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.


My kids love this soup. My neighbor kids love this soup. None of them yet realize they are eating celery or onions! (Pssstt...Mom, feed this to my onion hating brother and he'll never know!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails