Friday, January 7, 2011

Foody Friday - Roasted Candied Cabbage

Raise your hand if you like cabbage!! Really? Only me huh? Ah well, after you try this one I won't be alone any longer.

This recipe makes cabbage nice and sweet... like candy! Okay, maybe not just like candy but awfully close.

You'll need 5 cups of chopped cabbage and 3/4 c. of chopped pecans. Melt 3 T. of butter in skillet on high heat. When the butter is nice and hot add the cabbage and pecans. Sprinkle 1 T. of kosher salt and 2 T. of brown sugar on top and stir well until combined. Saute on high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 15 minutes or desired doneness.

Pecans and cabbage don't sound like much of a partnership but it's a surprisingly good balance of flavors. Don't be afraid to start off with less sugar and/or salt and add small amounts until the taste is to your liking.
Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. DANG! Now I need to find me some cabbage! I LOVE cabbage: slaw, Chinese slaw, fried, steamed. Thanks for reminding me. Time to torture the family with a new veggie! hee hee!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails