Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Devotions - God's path


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me —the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24


I truly believe that God has put me on Earth for a purpose and job to complete. I'm more than happy to do whatever it his he calls me to do but sometimes I find it kind of difficult knowing what it is I'm supposed to be doing and which path I should be taking. 

When I graduated college and began teaching I felt like my calling was to work with kids..and I loved it! But after only five years of teaching I met my husband and from there we've moved all over the place and I've never had the opportunity to get back into my own classroom. 

In my years of moving from place to place there were many times I felt clueless about my job on this Earth. Am I supposed to be teaching in a classroom? Am I supposed to be a devoted stay at home mom? Am I supposed to do something specific in my community? What's my job? 

I suppose I may never know exactly what I'm to do for God however if I can live everyday testifying for God, whether it be in a classroom, at home or somewhere in my community then I'm sure to be on the right path. 

Dear Heavenly Father, We both know that You have given me a job to do on this Earth, however sometimes I'm confused about exactly what that job is. Guide me on the right path. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails