Friday, July 13, 2012

Foody Friday - Crazy Salt Tomatoes

I had a nice bowl of cherry tomatoes that ripened this week. 
And I was craving some Crazy Salt Tomatoes. 
Years ago my grandpa's neighbor introduced me to this quick little snack. 


Throw some cherry tomatoes into a ziploc bag with some olive oil, some Crazy Salt and refrigerate. My grandma would buy Crazy Salt at the Amish bulk food store but I haven't found any around here. Off to make my own! 

I found a Crazy Salt recipe that I mixed up. Yum! 
Now I have a big batch of Crazy Salt that is wonderful on eggs!


1/4c. salt

1 teaspoon each of;
 dill seed, pepper,onion powder, garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon each of;  
curry, chili powder, paprika, sage, oregano, marjoram, parsley

 2 teaspoons of lemon zest


Have you ever used or made Crazy Salt? 
Do you have a recipe to share? I'd love to try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails