Monday, March 26, 2012

Marker Monday, Late...I blame Pinterest

Ug...I sure have done lousy on posting over the weekend. I can only blame it on two things; the weather and Pinterest. 


The weather was gorgeous this weekend; 80's and sunny! I wasn't about to miss enjoying it. I spent the weekend washing all the blankets and hanging them on the clothesline....aaahhh, the smell of line dried clothes :) And then we flew kites! My boys have been wanting to fly kites for months but usually the day they ask to get out the kites we have 40 mph winds....not very conducive to kite flying. But this weekend we had our kites out and got a sunburn in the process. Wonderful!! 


Oh, and Pinterest. Yeah, I can blame Pinterest for not blog posting this weekend. Isn't Pinterest the best time waster? I can find a million and one things to do on that site that I pin and never get around to actually doing. This weekend though I made a point of putting some of those pins into action. 


First up, Men's Dress Shirt into a Jumper. DR was cleaning out his closet and I made three of these jumpers. They went together quickly once I figured out just how large to make the band to go around Yahoo's chest. I ended up having to tear this one apart and use some scrap light weight denim for the band because I made it too small the first time and didn't have any plaid fabric left. These are going to be the best play dresses this summer! Thank goodness too because the dresses I made for her last summer barely cover her bottom and are more of a shirt this year. 


Next the kids painted up a Lego Travel Box . The boys are always asking to bring Legos in the car which I won't let them because it never fails, the teeny tiny swords/fire/hats disappear in the car never to be found again. Hopefully when we go home to Indiana in May (YAY!!!) these will help fight boredom. And I just love the sliding lid that locks into place. Follow the link and you'll find where you can order the boxes and Lego boards to put these together. I did have to cut the Lego boards down to size but it wasn't hard at all. 

How to dry wet shoes in the clothes dryer...with no thumping. (This is one of those you smack yourself on the head saying, "Why didn't I think of that!")     Hang the shoes inside the dryer by pulling the shoe strings up over the outside of the dryer door with the shoes on the inside. 

Oh, unexpectedly I had to dry a pair of tennis shoes that Yap walked through a huge puddle of water while wearing. Yeah, I'm happy for the water but I wasn't too happy with Yap. 

How to dry wet shoes in the clothes dryer...with no thumping. (This is one of those you smack yourself on the head saying, "Why didn't I think of that!") Hang the shoes inside the dryer by pulling the shoe strings up over the outside of the dryer door with the shoes on the inside. If need be, tie the strings to your dryer door or clip them with a clothespin so the strings won't slide through the door. 

This worked like a charm! 


I also made knitting yarn from old tshirts that DR had cleaned out of his closet too. (I actually started this one last week.) These poor shirts weren't in any condition to pass on to Goodwill but they'll make some dandy potholders; mine are quickly getting worn out. 

Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked) 

Last but not least I spent Sunday evening cutting up the ingredients for Bacon and Cheese Potatoes in the Crockpot for dinner tonight. Yum, my house smells soooo good. 

Yep, Pinterest....a wonderful time waster but some great ideas if you can get off the computer long enough to put them into practice!! 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got a lot done! AND were able to enjoy the warm weather? Sounds like a busy and fun weekend!

    Also, I think I want to make those potatoes now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails