Thursday, May 10, 2012

Weeks 18 & 19 - Icy and Flexuous

Last week was crazy busy for me and I totally spaced the fact I needed to shoot my 52 week project for Week 18, Ice and didn't get a post up. So I'm playing catch up today by posting Weeks 18 and 19 together. 

I wasn't quite sure what would be a good way to approach it so I just tossed some ice on my driveway one evening. I did go back over and edit all these photos quite a bit. I decreased the brightness and increased the contrast to really make the colors of the driveway pop out. I definitely overexposed the ice and probably should have reshot but I didn't get a good look at the photos until evening. Snow and Ice are still things that are tricky for me to shoot. 

1/320 sec., f5.6, ISO 1600
1/320 sec., f5.6, ISO 1600
1/320 sec., f5.6, ISO 1600

Week 19 - Flexuous

Although I had an idea of what flexuous meant I still decided to look it up. 
flexuousFull of bends or curves; sinuous.

I thought my pea plants fit this week's theme very well! I love how the plants are getting all tangled together...a good sign of a healthy pea plant. 
1/125 sec., f10, ISO 1600 

1/125 sec., f10, ISO 1600 

1/100 sec., f10, ISO 1600 
I like this one the best. 

Week 20, wow 20 already?
Week 20 - Black 

4 comments:

  1. I love the pics of the pea plants. I need to go get some of flowers for my windowsill gardening class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see pictures! Those pea plants were a lot of fun to shoot.

      Delete
  2. It's Friday and I have no clue what to do for flexuous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking around and besides my peas I hadn't a clue. Maybe a garden house or a toy? Pipe cleaners? Strings? Any other ideas for my friend Jester 6, who is doing this project with me, for Flexuous folks?

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails