Friday, May 11, 2012

Foody Friday - Black Bean Summer Salad

Kansas weather can drive me crazy some days. Have you ever heard the expression, "Don't like the weather then wait 10 minutes and it will change?" It's definitely true for Kansas. This week's temperatures have been in the 70's but the thermometer hit 95 degrees last weeek!! It's not unusual for the heat to fluctuate   up or down 20 degrees in 24 hours. It almost doesn't faze me anymore. 


Last week's heat dampened any enthusiasm I had for cooking. (It's returned though, I made muffins today.) I know the heat will return with a vengeance this summer and I'm all for filling meals that don't require cooking. I was so happy I pinned this recipe on Pinterest; it was perfect for the heat! 

Black Bean Salad 
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans 
  • 1 can of corn 
  • 1 small onion, diced 
  • 1 large avocado peeled and diced
  • 3 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • handful of cilantro leaves, cut into small pieces 
  • 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice juice (1/2 - 1 lime)
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients. Chill and serve. 




I have a feeling I'll be making this a lot this summer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails