Friday, March 19, 2010

Toast Cups with Peanut Butter and Jelly

I first saw this idea from Souffle Bombay using salad as a filler in the cups. Yeah...the salad idea didn't fly with Yip and Yap. So we pulled out this.


That's apple butter between the peanut butter and jelly. They also pulled out apples which we diced and peanuts.


First, Yip flattened bread with a rolling pin.


Then, he "painted" melted butter on both sides of each slice.


I tucked them into a muffin tin, because they just got smashed when the boys tried.


We baked them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. It may actually take you less time. I kept checking every few minutes because I didn't want them to burn. That's a skill of mine...burning things.


The boys filled the cups with whatever combination of fillings they wanted and munched away! Two pretty satisfied customers and the beginning of two great cooks!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I am going to try it next week with the girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails