Monday, March 1, 2010

MARCH!!

I LOVE March!! Do you want to know why I love the month of March? Too bad I'm tellin' ya anyway :) March = St. Patrick's Day = Ireland Oh, Ireland...someday I will meet you face to face in all your lovely greenness and pubs.

Spring is on its way! Which means gardening..seeds..dirt!! Did you know Celtic believers call a garden a "thin place": a place where the membrane between our world and God seems particularly thin. I believe that.

These are all the things I love about Ireland and March.

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

Shamrocks

Smithwick's

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Scones

Denis Leary


Claddaugh Rings

Flogging Molly

my mother's large collection of Irish and Celtic books. I bet she has at least three dozen!

St. Patrick


my brother. Okay not from Ireland but he has the knack to find four leaf clovers. I once watched this kid riding the lawnmower, stop, get off, bend over and pick a four leaf clover. All in about the time it took me to type this sentence. Weird kid. I actually have four-four leaf clovers pressed in my Bible that he found that day. That was six years ago when he was 14 years old. And he's been able to do that since he was like 9! I used to think we just had mutant clover at our house and they all had four leaves but I never found one after hours of searching.

St. Brigid's cross (which I will be making with my boys later this month)

The color GREEN and the beginning of growing things coming back to life!

Gardens! Well, technically I'm not supposed to plant a garden in March because of our frost date but I always managed to sneak a few seeds into the ground.


potatoes..seriously, I could survive on just potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails