Monday, March 1, 2010

My Future as a Blogger


Today marks the one month anniversary of my little ol' blog! It has been fun and frustrating. There is still a lot I need to learn about blogging, (any advice is greatly appreciated!) but I'm confident this won't be a blog to wither away. Of course it's barely off the ground but I'm working on that too. And again any advice to get things going would be greatly appreciated!

To tell the truth I started this blog on a whim. One Sunday afternoon I was on the Internet and before I knew it...I was the proud parent of a blog! I wasn't sure what the theme of my blog would be or even the audience I was writing for. My only goal was to post everyday for a month. At the end of that month I would evaluate what I had done and make some decisions about the future of Prairie Mother. Today that month is up and I have two goals in mind for my blog and the beginning of a plan to achieve those goals.

First off, I don't claim to be any sort of wonderful writer. I was an art teacher! Art teachers don't write! We create in one big chaotic mess....and we LIKE it! I realize many of my posts aren't that well written, so one of my goals has become to improve my written communications skills by writing blog posts. Practice makes perfect!!

My next goal for this blog is to fill it with family friendly content. Posts that provide ideas, discussions and recipes helpful to moms, dads, kids, grandparents...anyone who deals with kids on a day to day basis. Being a parent is hard! I've learned in the last six-ish years of mommy hood there is much about parenting parents aren't qualified for. We need all the help we can get!

To improve the quality of this blog I have decided to cut down posts from everyday to five days a week. Each of the five days will be devoted to a different topic.

Sunday Devotions - Sunday's posts will provide a biblical story and/or principle to discuss with your children.

Marker Monday - Monday's posts will be some sort of activity to share with your kids. These won't be restricted to art, though I'd love to do so, but will cover a variety of subjects. One of the goals of parents is to raise well rounded children so here I'll try to include activities I've done with my own kids from science, math, games...just about anything YOU can do WITH your kids!

Whatever Wednesday - This will be the day of miscellaneous posts. I might post about good books or gardening or challenges I am facing as a parent. Whatever Wednesday will be a post, hopefully, many parents can relate to.

Photo Thursday - Thursday I will post a photo I've taken. Why? Because this is my blog and I want to. After starting this blog I have taken so many more photos. Maybe someday I'll get really good at photography but for now I'll just share a picture with you I like.

Foody Friday - Yummy! This will be the day I devote to new or long loved recipes or fun kid snacks. I try to feed my family healthy meals and hopefully I can share some recipes that are easy and popular with all ages. Having one day devoted entirely to food also gives me permission to play in my kitchen!!

Thank you all for reading, visiting, subscribing to, commenting on and telling others about my blog. Now that you have an idea what is in store here in the future I would love your input. Do you have a great recipe to share or game you play with your kids? Do you have a great parenting trick to share"? Is this blog just terrible and I am silly to think I can write one and I should quit? Hey, I need some honest feedback folks!! Let me know what you would like to see on this blog and please, let me know how I am doing!

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon.

God Bless,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails