Saturday, March 27, 2010

Meet my hubby, DR.

Thought it was about time to introduce you to my hubby, DR.

DR, that's his nickname. Or maybe it's D.R., sometimes it's even been Doctor. I'm not sure which exactly is the correct form! See, he's had this nickname since high school, maybe even longer!

Anyway, this is my blog and I'll just refer to him as DR. (Although when he leaves his socks on the floor I have a few other choice nicknames for him...but this is a family blog and we won't go there.)


DR and I will have been married for seven years this August. We had only been dating a couple months when he proposed and we hadn't even known each other a year on our wedding day. But he's like an old pair of jeans; fits just right and I would cry if I had to get rid of him. He's simple, no nonsense and rugged.

DR works in the agribusiness industry so he works long erratic hours but he goes out of his way to spend special moments with the kids. And when he does that my heart just melts. Like this day, he happened to be in town on an errand when I was dropping off the boys at preschool. We met in the parking lot and shared a lunch from McDonald's. Just a few minutes, but he held and played with Yahoo the whole time.

"Nice pose there Yahoo. What are you doing with that finger exactly?"

DR is kind of scruffy here. His hair and beard are usually much shorter but he's going to be in an Easter play this week playing the disciple Peter. So in the spirit of authenticity, he's been growing it out. I'm not a fan of the long hair but I love this time of year when he grows out his beard! I love to run my hands through it...that bugs him. I took this picture to have handy because next week he'll shave it short. I'll have to wait a whole year to see it again.

So this is DR...my hubby. My scruffy hubby who can't pick up his socks and has a weird nickname. Gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails