Thursday, March 11, 2010

Photo Thursday - Macro Setting

I should know a bit about photography. After all, I did take a photography class in college. I just didn't pay much attention or try very hard. At the time, I suppose I had better things to do!

A little over a year ago I bought myself a Canon PowerShot camera. A nice point and shoot camera with some manual settings. I've always used the automatic setting but lately I have been playing around with the manual settings and I have fallen in love with the Macro setting! I was going around the house shooting any little objects I could find! This I thought was one of the most interesting, considering there are hundreds of these running around this old farmhouse! I never looked at them this close before.



I love how the macro setting can give you such sharp detail of anything but leave the background blurry. I'd love to use this more on my kids but I can't get them to sit still long enough!

I'm having a lot of fun playing around with this camera. Hopefully, once I understand photography a bit more and am comfortable with this one, I can get myself a better camera. Do you know of any that would be a good manual camera to start with? I'd love some guidance here.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Macro Monday..cute little ladybug or whatever they call those other ones that bite!
    I have a Canon PowerShot also..too many dials and knobs always have confused me:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails