Friday, March 26, 2010

Break Out the Beano! We're Roasting Vegetables!

Oh, folks! Have you ever roasted vegetables? Let me tell you...I am addicted!! I kept reading in various places how roasting is such a healthy and tasty way of preparing vegetables. Yeah, I'd roast carrots and potato wedges and they were pretty good but that was as about as far as I'd ever gotten. Then, somewhere, sorry can't remember where, I read about roasting cabbage wedges.

"What the heck?" I thought. "A head of cabbage costs less than a dollar. Not a big loss if it tastes lousy and I throw it out." While Yahoo and I were grocery shopping we hopped on over to the produce to pick out a head of cabbage and while we were there I loaded up on all kinds of veggies. Cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes...we'll roast em' all!


Preheat your oven to 350. Spread olive oil on pizza pans or cookie sheets then line up the veggies. Use a 1" paint brush, paint free please, to spread more olive oil along the top too. Don't be afraid to use too much. The paint brush really pushes the oil in amongst the cabbage leaves and makes it so much better.


Sprinkle ground black pepper and Kosher salt all over the veggies. I tend to use a lot of salt. The healthiness of the veggies counteracts the sodium, right?


Roast in oven about 20-25 minutes. Feel free to turn the cabbage over about halfway through...sometimes I do..sometimes I don't.


And..oh my!! These veggies were so, so, so good!! The tomatoes melted in my mouth. The cabbage was sweet! My kids ate cauliflower!!!

I am not ashamed to say, I ate a whole head of roasted cabbage in 24 hours! I am ashamed to say, my husband wouldn't let me sleep in the same room with him after those same 24 hours however. Next time, I won't forget the Beano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails