Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Devotional for Kids - Forgiveness


On Monday evenings I teach a GED class. Last week my husband had a meeting that evening so I planned for one of our babysitters to watch the kids that night. A couple days earlier, she called, in tears, to tell me something else had come up that she felt she needed to take care of and would it be possible for someone else to babysit. I have many wonderful women who I call on to babysit and I assured her it would be no problem to find someone else. Still, she was extremely upset. She had made a commitment to me and she hated to have to break it. Even after I repeatedly tried to convince that I wasn't upset and everything would be fine I could still hear her crying when we hung up.

Forgiveness can sometimes be like that. Forgiveness can sometimes be hard to receive.

God loves everyone...EVERYONE!! God even loves people who have done bad things. And God forgives people who have done bad things if they ask. Sometimes people believe that their sins are "too bad" for God to forgive and so they never come to God for forgiveness. But God isn't like that is he? He gave us Jesus to take away OUR sins, every ones sins! Not "good" people's sins or only grown up sins but EVERYONE..that includes you and me.

God will forgive us of anything if we ask. Have you ever done something wrong and felt bad about it? Have you ever asked for forgiveness and it has been given to you? But even after you were forgiven you still felt bad? I know I have. No matter who forgives you; God or your parents or a friend remember that you are loved and are forgiven. Now it is time to forgive yourself.

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Dear God, Thank you for your forgiveness. Help me today to forgive others who have done wrong. Help me to ask for forgiveness of what I have done wrong. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails