Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Visiting Mountain Man and TREES!!!!


Over the weekend we traveled 5 hours to southern Oklahoma to visit my brother Mountain Man who moved there over the summer.



What a wonderful view he has from his back door!! 
His landlord runs cattle on a 100 acres behind the house. 



I have missed trees so much that being in Southern Oklahoma reminded DR and I a lot of Southern Indiana. Although Indiana trees are bigger than Oklahoma trees. 


There was a big fallen down tree in the pasture that Yip and Yap spent A LOT of time playing on! You wouldn't believe how filthy they got playing on it! I loved it! I love when my kids get so dirty playing; I honestly believe it's healthy for kids. 



"What's this Uncle Mountain Man?"
"That's raccoon poop boy!" 
Ah, a wilderness education! 




I've heard people call Oklahoma "God's Country" and it sure seemed that wonderful this weekend. 


I have to admit I'm pretty jealous that Mountain Man gets to live in such a beautiful place but I'm sure happy he's my brother so I can come visit him! 

2 comments:

  1. That IS a beautiful place to live! Like you said, at least you can visit. I don't know if I could handle a place with no trees. I so agree with you about children getting dirty, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure wish we could have met up! We have some land close to Kiowa and some 12 miles east of Wichita. Are you close to either of these places?

    Kasse D.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails