Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Painting Pigs

While we were walking through the swine barn at the Kansas State Fair on Saturday, I came across this lovely artist painting watercolors of pigs. She had been sitting in the barn for a few hours amongst the noise and constant stream of people; happily painting to her heart's content. She was nice enough to even let me snap a couple of photos of her.



Aren't those pig paintings awesome? I've always wanted to do something like this. In fact, the Indiana State Fair sponsors a contest along these lines. Artists bring their supplies to the fair one morning and they have the entire day to work anywhere on the grounds. Then, in the afternoon, their work is judged. I've always wanted to participate in this event but was never able to. Hopefully once the kids are a bit older I'll be able to take time to do something like this. Maybe I'll even find a farmer somewhere who'll let me sit in his barnyard and paint his critters, ya' never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails