Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Mural is Done!!! Pheasants, Windmillls...take a peek!

I'm all done with my mural! Yay! It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I did get carried away and painted A LOT more than I had originally planned but I think it's just right.

Come in for the grand tour.

As you walk in to the bathroom....

...behind the door. This is the view from the throne.


Next to the throne.

To the right of the sink.

And the main part of the mural! My windmill and pheasant!

There are overhead lights that shine on this wall, almost like the sun next to the pheasant. I'm deliriously happy with how nicely the pheasant turned out!

My windmill. P.S. - Using painters tape to make straight lines without bleeding is impossible. It. Doesn't. Work. I even bought some that was supposed to work better than the blue stuff..nope, it didn't.

My pheasant. I think I'll name him Phil.
Phil the Pheasant. Something this nice needs a name don't you think?

(Okay, hunters out there...did I do well? Does he look the way pheasants are supposed to look? Constructive criticism is always appreciated.) 

Phil isn't small either! Here I am leaning against the wall and taking a picture in the mirror over the sink for size comparison.

What's next? Who needs me to paint a mural for them? I'll paint almost anything! I think we could come to a compromise too; you babysit for me and I'll paint for you. Any takers?

8 comments:

  1. I'll take you up on your offer!!!!
    I think you did a great job - I love how simple yet detailed at the same time it is!
    How about a corn field in my son's room!!!!!



    http://jentsfrontporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with your mural skills - it looks REALLY good! I also love that you named your pheasant Phil. haha.

    If I lived anywhere near Kansas, I would babysit your children. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is a really amazing mural. You really got the perspective right! Although I haven't seen that many pheasants to say whether it looks right, it is very calming to look at the whole thing. Congrats on completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic! You are an amazing artist!! If we lived closer I would be taking you up on that offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me!! I'd love a mural!

    That is amazing work and I love how it isn't colorful. It looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails