Friday, February 25, 2011

Foody Friday - Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushrooms

Let me start off by apologizing for today's photo. These stuffed mushrooms were so good I scarfed them up before I remembered I had wanted to take a picture of them when they came out of the oven.

So I only have a photo of them before they went in the oven. They still look pretty good though I think.


Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushrooms

Clean mushrooms and remove stems. In a skillet saute a couple tablespoons of olive oil and a couple teaspoons of garlic. After a few minutes add shredded spinach until it is slightly wilted. Add spinach mixture to a cup or so of leftover mashed potatoes. Add some shredded cheese (mozzarella is fabulous) and mix well. Scoop mashed potatoes into mushrooms and sprinkle with a little salt and paprika. Place on lightly greased pie plate, or whatever ovenware works for you and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until golden.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE mushrooms but I don't "make" them very often! They DO look yummy!

    SNOW day today. Sigh..... kind of ready to see some signs of spring that do not include bad storms!

    Maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang - now I have to go to town because these look awesome and I want to make them right now!

    http://jentsfrontporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails