Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weeks 21 and 22; Rest and Architecture

Vacation put me a bit behind on my 52 week project. I think this week is actually week 23. I'll get caught up eventually :) For the themes Rest and Architecture I took some photos during vacation. 


Week 22 - Architecture 
1/3 sec, f9, ISO 1600

This one was taken in the Mad Anthony Brewing Company in Warsaw, Indiana during a date with my husband. I LOVE their SCOTCH EGGS and Harry Baals Irish Stout! I slowed my shutter speed way down to get the fans to blur and then I desaturated the color of the beams and increased the vibrance of the lights themselves. I really like all the lines and angles in this photo that direct your eye to the lights. 


Week 21 - Rest 
1/200 sec, f14, ISO 800

After a very busy couple of days Yahoo fell asleep in a wagon at the zoo. Even in the bright sunshine being hauled over some bumpy paths she found some rest. I wish I could have joined her for her nap :) 

I've been trying to shoot at an high ISO at all times lately (800,1600) even outside after I read an article about combining a high ISO with a fast shutter speed to create sharper images. I think it worked well to make Yahoo sharp but maybe I should have lowered my f-stop to 6.3 or so to make it out of focus in the background. Rest and sharpness don't really go together. 

Next week I'll try to have Week 23 - Coil and Week 24 - Stop posted. Hopefully that should get me caught up and back on schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails