Friday, July 22, 2011

Foody Friday - Stuffed Baked Tomatoes

I found this recipe in last Sunday's newspaper and thought it an appropriate summer dish. I just wish I had tomatoes in my garden to use. Ah well, the grocery store is only a block away.


Stuffed Baked Tomatoes

2 tomatoes
6 T ricotta cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 t. dried thyme
2 T Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. Combine ricotta cheese, chopped fresh spinach, garlic and thyme. Top each tomato half with about 2 T of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake 10-15 minutes. Serves 4...or just me...I ate them all...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails